FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:19 am
KDCAflyer

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DreAAmliner
I assume that there will be a group of EXPs that once they hit 200k, they'll stop--switch to accumulating status on another airline, use another credit card, etc. because there's no obvious value until 350k. Question is, how big is that number?

This is me exactly. My theory is many points "hackers" will stop at PPRO, once they get OWE. My supposition is that the PPRO ranks will get much bigger, as 125k LPs is not terribly hard to do if you are into this sort of thing, but the jump to EXP is meaningful, especially once you have OWE. Therefore, as soon as I hit 200k, i moved all my spend off the AA card and will no longer actively hunt for LPs. I will let my flying take me however far above 200k it gets me.

Dear AA, I am no longer incentivized to actively hunt for LPs (read: make you more money). I'm sure you are working on some type of LP Rollover program. My suggestions include:
  • Elite Choice Benefit that lets me rollover some amount of LPs
  • Each Status level lets you rollover X% of LPs to the next qualifying year.
I do not find the Loyalty Choice hurdles particularly enticing, so back to the Freedom Unlimited for all non-bonused categories.
Some form of LP rollover seems like a good idea.