FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi IGI [DEL] connection/departure experience reports
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:50 pm
ThePopes

I wish I never set foot in delhi airport
flew yyz-del-bkk earlier this week on one itinerary with airindia and thaiairways with an 11h45m layover in business class. I figured I could use the lounge and maybe have a shower but was met with hostility at the t3 transfer desk and after some confusion was told thaiairways agent needed to check my boarding pass and they wouldn't be at the desk until 4h before departure.
so I was forced to wait in purgatory for what ended up being 10hours only with access to a coffee shop and a bathroom there was no wifi as their guest pass machines were down and I don't have a india cell phone to get a verification code.
after finally getting through I made it to the lounge for an hour and on my way.
but when i arrived in Thailand I discovered my checked through bag was still in India and I made a claim with thaiairways but am 3 days in and my bag is still in India. I have a Samsung GPS tracker on it and it's saying it's sitting in t3 thaiairways check in area but when I use thaiairways online tool it only says bag was scanned in at Delhi 3 days ago and no further updates
I don't blame thaiairways as this seems to be a Delhi airport issue but what can I expect going forward. Will my bag ever be returned or is it going to be taken apart and my stuff sold on the streets of Delhi or something?

Last edited by ThePopes; Sep 28, 2022 at 2:51 pm Reason: Spelling