FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:44 am
guy44134

Originally Posted by RNE
I hope the flying public responds to this opportunity and that the subsidies aren't for naught. I further hope EI doesn't tout service to Ireland but instead Continental Europe. I still believe FI and WW did a disservice to themselves by touting Iceland as a destination instead of Continental Europe. I recall family and friends asking us, incredulously, "Why are you going to Iceland?" Answer: "Umm, we're going to Amsterdam actually."

RNE, itching to ask someone "Why are you going to New Jersey?" when they're connecting at EWR to Europe.

EDIT: Just saw this smart marketing on EI's website:

Cleveland's Connection to the UK and Europe

Experience seamless connections from Cleveland via Ireland to destinations across the United Kingdom and Continental Europe. Destinations include Amsterdam, Birmingham, Brussels, Donegal, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds-Bradford, London, Lyon, Manchester, Paris, Rome and Southampton.
It looks like some key cities are not listed as possible connections via DUB, including in Germany and southern Europe. I was actually just starting to plan a trip to LIS and BCN for next May-June, but EI doesn't appear to be an option. Without studying the timetables, I bet it has to do with flight times. Still good news for the region. I wonder which gate they will use and if business class passengers will have lounge access in CLE (either the United Club or The Club CLE).