FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HND-NRT/NRT-HND transfers to be possible again?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:44 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There should not be. Even with Japan at its most restricted period, people could book HND/NRT connections and then complained when they could not fly them.

Do you leave enough time between flights?
Yeah it's award flight, landing JL in NRT and connecting HND-GMP next day. Tried back in July under AS and AA, both would not ticket so I eventually gave up. I was given many different reasons, one was JL's Korea flight was restriction to O/D only and not allowing connection for whatever reason.

On AA's search system this month it won't even show flight option with airport change, and manually piecing the flights into a single ticket resulted in someone from ticketing desk calling back to say system won't allow because transfer must be in same airport.

I'm just not sure whose problem it is, if it's JL adding some rule to prevent tickets being sold to partner and avoid deny boarding issue, or if it's the partner AA/AS system design.

In any case they're not even considering citizenship or entry eligibility and just flat out denying ticketing which is rather annoying