FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:25 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Not directly related to T2, per say, but SFO for sure...looking at SFO-YYZ in November, and looks like the widebodies are gone. I know they've been running 330s on the morning and noontime ex-SFO flights for the most parts (and 321s on the others), and in my previous Nov. searches, they were showing the morning flight as a MAX 8, noon flight to a 789 and redeye to a 788. Now I see all 3 flights as MAX 8s, though I'll admit to just checking a handful of dates in mid-late Nov. Anyone know if they are getting rid of widebodies permanently (or at least...for a while)? If its only going to be narrow bodies, and with UA bringing back nonstops soon, I'd just as soon fly with them, given they are my primary carrier, and they at least give a basic snack (Stroopwafel/Biscoff) during the departure service.
4 flights incl a 321. Wish they had a widebody for the redeye at least so I can get 3 hrs of sleep.
As Asia opens, I suspect the widebodies are going to head there - Japan, HKG, BOM, etc. That's just my best guess. Widebodies are mostly gone from Hawaii too.