FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread (2020 and Onward)
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:38 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Here are some notes for this month:

In Kaka'ako, we had outdoor dinners at Istanbul and Panya and they were both excellent. I'm not sure if I will make it to Piggy Smalls' this trip but they also have outdoor seating.

I
Went to Istanbul last night for the first time. Food was excellent! We had the Mezze platter, Lamb shank tangine, and Iskander Doner. Deserts were Baklava (upposed to be Pistachio Ice Cream, but looked and tasted like vanilla) and HATAY KUNEFE (a cheese-based dish that three of us did not care for, but the fourth loved it all).

While the food was very good, there were a variety of service issues: First, while we were able to get a reservation for outdoor seating (this required multiple emails and phone calls), but on arrival they had us down for indoor seating. When we complained/explained, we were given outdoor seating. Second, three of our four main courses arrived as ordered. The fourth was not what we ordered. There was absolutely no communication to the patron without food (i.e., "Sorry sir, but we will get you your order pronto.")

The place was packed, so hopefully the poor service we experienced was not indicative of the usual.