FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:46 pm
bbriscoe34

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by kanny
That was an interesting experience at the DFW FL/FFD. The computer did not accept my SFO-JFK boarding pass, and after some research by the staff, they ended up letting me into FFD. Halfway through my stay, I went to the bathroom, and one of the staff who was involved with my checkin asked to speak to me to say that according to her supervisor, the website states that I didn't have access to DFW. As I was leaving the FL, I asked the same person where on the website it states that, and she pointed to the Transcon section, where it doesn't speak at all to which FFD location one is allowed. I did some more brief arguing as an academic exercise and asked that they update the website, as it's clear to me that I should have access. Left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth, but I'm happy I got to enjoy it for the first time.

Finished off 3 apps, 3 entrees, and the cornbread for dessert (they didn't have ice cream, which was my choice). They were all quite fantastic. I must've finished an entire bottle of LPGS, but it honestly distinctly tasted exactly like our go to $14 sparkling wine. Also had JWBlue, which was great but not my thing. Left a decent tip (based on perceived value of just the food), even though I know I didn't need to, as the service was fantastic, and I was there for a while.

Had the Steak & Eggs at the JFK FFD, and it was just bad. No other options appealed to me, and I would've been better off using the FL buffet.
Who was the agent that tried to chase you out? I will be there in a couple months and want to make sure I avoid her. Also, was your transcon on the same or a separate ticket as your DFW-SFO segment?