FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:38 am
Pau3590

Originally Posted by sakedon
I'd still recommend having airtags/tiles/trackers only for them to be a bit of help in case the bag ever gets lost, not for real-time tracking. There is no need to add another layer of stress after we drop off the bag at check-in whether it makes to the plane / transfer / belt / whatever, what can we do anyway past the check-in?

When you arrive at the destination and (a big if...) if you can see the bag is not at the same airport as you, you can then do yourself a favour by reporting a missing bag directly instead of waiting for the bag that won't turn up. Or if it's somewhere at the airport, you can point this out to agents instead of dealing with a 'black box to be or not to be' situation.
thank you, you are right. but to see where he is do i need internet? flights to Curaçao have departed so far, and bussines class I also expect to reach my flight on time. Especially because we are at Schiphol around 4.45 am. but I think in Curaçao we had no wifi in May and my telephone provider does not allow roaming outside of eu.
but I guess I don’t gonna buy an tagg. I put some really needed stuff in my hand luggage; I almost need my medication and swim wear and some clothes will be nice, but I hope if my suitecase missed, it will be in curacao in 1 week of less; I stay 3 weeks so all will be fine.
or I take 2 small trolly in hand luggage, and no checked in luggage