FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:05 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by phonehome
Is there a way to search for B and Y international economy fares on the JAL website? (For the purpose of earning 100% FLYON pts per mile)

I have a multi-city itinerary that I've put together with Google Flights and ITA Matrix, which I can book through several somewhat sketchy third-party websites, which don't display fare codes at all. When I look up the same itinerary on JAL's website, it prices for roughly the same price, but the fares come up as a combination of K and Y. I haven't found a way yet to for the website to show only B or Y. I would have thought there'd be some "refundable fares only" option or something like that, if not full options over fares...?
You'd probably find it cheaper to get an R premium economy booking than a Y or B economy booking if it is just for the FOP.

The fare families can vary by point of sale, but Y is in Economy Flex and B in Economy Semi Flex. Though I don't know of an option to push it from M to B if M is available in the semi flex family. Probably a TA or calling JAL can fix that.

They layout of website also does differ by POS, but in the Japan region I can see the fare families, and current offered booking class just by selecting economy at the input screen. But as said, I don't have an option to move from the lowest available in that family to B.
​​​​​​

​​​​​