FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:55 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
So, I'm through the process.

Train arrived on time at 7:21, as I left the security control, the clock at the departure board just changed to 8:00. All in all 40 minutes train to lounge.

First hurdle was to enter the SP zone, check took less than a minute though with just a couple of people ahead of me.
Check in took longer, as the scale said my bag was over 25 kilos. Except that it also showed 1.9 when no bag was on it. Anyway I had to repack.

Although I only took out one pair of shoes and a raincoat, on the other side, my bag was now 22.4. No way the shoes and coat weighed almost 3 kilos. Right or wrong, 5+ minutes lost stupidly.

Walking out towards the back, I've noted that line for the eligibility check was quite long, going almost to the end of check-in area one, moving at the speed of a very slow walk. Would be possible to bypass with Privium if you walked around the other side I guess. No idea what the situation was upstairs.

Instead I walked to the site of Departures 1 security entrance, where I could easily enter with Privium. Normal scanners seemed on as well, though staff was turning most people away. I guess the scanners might allow premium eligible people traveling with Privium holders to enter.

Upstairs about 18 people in line ahead of me, some seemed to be mixed in from regular line. Only once machine open though, so progress was slow, not aided by the fact that Meet & Assist occasionally showed up and jumped the queue.
I took about 15 minutes to get through, my bag was one of the few gone to secondary though, so another two minutes or so there.

Express lounge was fullest I've ever seen any Privium lounge. Not that it matters much, I barely started drinking my coffee when I got the notification that the flight is boarding, almost 10 minutes early.

Side note, normally I board among the first, this time I got onboard a bit later. I found a lot of carryons in the bins lengthwise. How? Why? I mean, not only it takes up space, it makes the handle inconvenient to reach when taking out. Never noticed this before but I doubt it's a rarity.

Push on time, by the way, surprisingly given how late baggage was still being loaded.