FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:09 pm
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by johan rebel
On shorthaul flights, I don't really see why anybody would pay for just an inch or two of extra pitch (I of course say this from the comfortable position of somebody who gets it for free). Yet I have colleagues (Silvers, many of whom are now Gold for a year thanks to the pandemic XP bonuses) who routinely do pay only because they want to be seated as far forward as possible, which maximizes their chances of making their train connection. This summer they have been wasting their money, what with just about every flight being delayed.
EC is my favorite part of KLM product.

Sitting up front is nice, but being tall and large as I am the extra space is more than worth the 10 odd euros and the higher chance of empty middle seat is also nice.

Originally Posted by tulipan
Arrived by train at 05:05 (I know..way too early but with unreliability of Dutch railroads & uncertainty about what we would encounter at Schiphol seemed like a safe time).
Speaking of, I meant to be at the airport like 20 minutes ago.

Good old NS, in addition to removing 1/3rd of IC trains from schedule in advance, cancelled another 1/3rd, leaving me with a lot less options than expected. And then the singular option that made sense for me got delayed and reported impossible transfer.
Now I'm arriving less than 90 minutes before departure time. Hope my Privium will be of help.

Originally Posted by Pau3590
does anyone know if long distance bc passengers have also lost their luggage from amsterdam?
or is that usually fine?
On direct flights, baggage doesn't seem to be an issue.

Less so with connections, but that's not your case.

Originally Posted by AnaTFN
THIS. I started using an airtag recently to track my checked-in suitcase and it wouldn't report at all until it was near the belt on arrival. I didn't understand why. Then read that airtags don't have their own GPS and what they do is to piggyback off the location data of some nearby apple device. So I'm a bit disappointed with that experiment...
AirTags used to be a lot quicker, however there were cases of stalking via covertly places tag. They were nerfed, still absolutely capable of being used to find lost items, but not enough to allow for real time tracking.