FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:31 pm
Jonesdds

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Does anyone know where the terms and conditions are really spelled out for 2023? I find nothing that’s detailed enough to be meaningful. Talking to agents means a bunch of conflicting info. Here’s what I understand so far that may be wrong:

On 1/1/23 will have three traveling employees incl me, but have that now. Was told I will not be able to redeem until spend $5000 in 2023 and would need all three of us to have traveled. But, was also told that flights taken in 2022 don’t count towards the $5000 or all 3 employees taking a qualifying flight in 2022. That makes no sense given the rolling 12 months. Probably a mistake by them but when I questioned it they were emphatic.

-fare code for bookings cannot be B,N, O, Q or S or basic economy, meaning the $5000 spend and qualifying flights have to be outside of these fare classes.. is this correct? I’d thought for upgrades they have to not be these codes.

one thing I didn’t ask is what redemption would mean if not able to qualify. If I were to redeem all points into BXP1 certs before the Jan1 date to qualify I’d be able to use them because ive “redeemed” before the changes before existing members?

Last edited by Jonesdds; Sep 25, 2022 at 7:51 pm