FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:29 pm
FlyFreakquently

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
My personal opinion is that it's pretty clear that you stretched the access rules, then took more than full advantage by ordering and consuming seven items, an entire bottle of wine and the most expensive possible liquor, then felt the need to argue your case with the staff after they did you a favor. IMHO, they should have denied you access and would have been correct in doing so.
Regardless of whether or not he stretched the access rules, I don't understand why taking advantage of the experience is at all an issue. Some people, myself included, are not able to fly Flagship First regularly or even semi-regularly. It's an expensive ticket, which is even more expensive when you don't have your company picking up the bill. The two times I've been, my server actually encouraged me to order multiple appetizers and mains. I have absolutely no shame in admitting that I stuffed myself both times and happily drank all the LPGS I was offered.

It's truly a fun experience, and I'm glad he was able to indulge in it.