FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:23 am
jewree

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
IAD-SFO

Polaris cabin, which was nice, but the overall experience was a clear reminder that a nice cabin doesn't match the service level. No pillows/blankets/amenities. We were offered a PDB (water, sparkling). Meal choice was "chicken or Impossible meatballs", announced over the PA, no descriptions of what came with either given. No pre-order available even for this transcon. Main dish orders were taken before takeoff. Beverage orders taken row by row once underway, brought in a reasonable amount of time. No nuts or anything with them. No refills ever offered, except once during meal service. No prepping the cabin for the meal, just, suddenly, FA standing there with a tray to plunk down, glaring at each person as to why they didn't have their tray table ready. Meal presented all on on tray. I got the meatballs ...

So, a few things.

First, why no regular salad? This was a dinner flight, and the fruit was a strange side with dinner. That said, the grapes and blueberries were nice at least. The roll was quasi-warm, and actually not that bad, not fresh baked bread with a great crust and chew or anything, but not stale and dry. But that is all I have to say positive about the meal. The main dish seemed like someone had microwaved it on high for way, way too long, and then forgot about it for an hour. It was very dried out, completely mushy (the cous cous, the veggies, and the meatballs), and yet ... not even warm. The meatballs were cold inside. I actually don't mind impossible meat, but they were oddly dense and yet mush at the same time, and really, really needed sauce - mine had very little. I had some ketchup in my purse that helped considerably. The broccolini was a kinda odd shade of green, and didn't taste fresh at all, cous cous just unseasoned mush. Packaged brownie-bar was a letdown too, as I actually like the pie in the sky ...

And that was that. The remainder of the flight, the FAs never came through, no refills of drinks, no snacks, nothing.