FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:11 pm
nologic

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer;[url=tel:34627612
34627612]Not only is LH downgrading BOS-MUC there is also
no longer Champagne. Apparently I can have undefined ‘red’ or ‘white’ wine. How much lower can LH fall?
This is the same menu that I shared from August…

The red pepper soup is very good and the lamb chops are better than the entree selections in flight, IMO.

The attendants are basically clueless but there is a special champagne and red and white wine for first class passengers… You may have to ask the manager or ask the attendant to ask for the manager…

I went to the bar myself and asked the business class bartender to ask for the manager and how she came first with the champagne and then I asked if there was a special wine and out she came later with the shabbily and then I asked if Hill has a special red and algae came later with the Cabernet… She seemed vaguely aware that there was some thing available but generally unfamiliar with that although ultimately she produced all three bottles, albeit I guess they were caught off guard because they didn’t chill the champagne. There must be very little demand for it because no one would know about it.

Interesting the paper menu itself is very similar but slightly more colorful than the paper menu that was available for us in August. So they’re trying to improve things. I don’t understand why they don’t put the wine and champagne options on the other side or the bottom of this menu… Also the attendant was unaware as to what a profiterole was and we were just served playing pistachio ice cream until I further inquired and was told that yes I could get the ice cream in a pastry with a sauce… By that time I was ready to board so we declined.

The premium first class only options were Mumm champagne, Chablis from France, and Cabernet from California. There was no cold champagne available…The Mumm was warm. None of these were particularly distinctive, but they are a step up from the lounge’s business class offerings.

The level of English spoken by the serving attendance is very poor, or was very poor on the day we were there.

Last edited by nologic; Sep 24, 2022 at 5:22 pm