FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:01 am
Wooglin

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by char777
Would anyone happen to know how My Chase Plan affects the purchase threshold on PQP earning?

I put a few big ticket expenses this month onto My Chase Plans because I figured, well, why not? The plans are no interest, and Chase was offering no fees as part of a promotion, so I went for it.

With the total balance, I should pretty easily hit $12,000 in spend to get 500 PQP, though with the My Chase Plan, some of my payments are now pushed off into next year (I went for 6-month plans.) So even though I will likely end up charging more than $12,000 on the card by the end of the year, I will not have paid all of it off by the end of the year if I stick to the current My Chase Plan schedule, and that could mean that I pay off less than $12,000 by Dec. 31.

Will I still get the PQP? I'll pay off the My Chase Plans early if the answer is 'no.' The extra 500 PQP could make or break whether I hit Plat for next year.

PQP is based on credit card spend (purchases) in the calendar year, not on how much you pay toward your card balance in a calendar year.