FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:12 pm
TheViperOne

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by muskoka
Just looking at flights to all the islands and compared to last year there appears to be less seats available this year.
All flights to all islands from YVR & YYC are operated with 7M8s. Last year they used some Maxs but also used 789's on some flights
both from YVR & YYC and some A330's at one point. This may well be due to reduced need for widebodies elsewhere last yr due to Covid.
Up until Christmas, only one direct flight per week from YYC-OGG on a 7M8. Then goes up to 3x weekly. No direct YYC-HNL flights again this year.
2 flights per day (morning and evening) starting at Xmas from YVR to OGG & HNL and 3x weekly to KOA.

I appreciate these are leisure routes with little need for J capacity but with no option for PY and small J cabin on the 7M8
upgrades will be few & far between. The only place you would find me on these AC Max flights would be row 20 (exit row).
7 hours on that beast is not my idea of fun. The only saving grace is all the YYC-OGG flights are 8 am departures so no late night arrivals and the returns are 2:30 pm so no redeyes.
Note that WJ operating Dreamliners on most YYC-OGG routes and a mixture of Max 8s and 738s on the YVR-OGG & YVR-HNL routes.
Maybe they will market the 7M8 J as PY like they do for the TATL route YHZ-LHR