FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:28 pm
sameruval

Hi all,

I have a round trip to Tokyo booked with Aeroplan in J for next May 2023. The TPAC segments are on ANA. I booked this back in June (or more accurately changed my previous booking).

When I pulled up the booking on the ANA website at that time things seemed in order.

I pulled it up again yesterday when the news dropped that Japan was opening up to visa fee travel and I saw a notice under one of my segments (NH102 HND-IAD) that it was "Subject to Government Approval". Dug in a bit deeper and it looks like this route is currently suspended, and is due to return on Oct. 30, flying 3x a week - however not on the day of the week that my flight is currently booked on. Nothing on the AC website about this. It previously flew daily.

I am hoping that with the return of visa free travel to Japan this route goes back to normal operations, but if not just wondering what will happen in that worst case scenario.

I'm assuming that I'd get one of those dreaded "There has been a change in your itinerary" emails, but is there a chance I get rebooked on an alternate flight in J via Aeroplan? Or am I screwed.