FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers - charges, seating, award, etc.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:21 am
MADPhil

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by timma1971
Hello,I’m not sure if this is the right forum or perhaps this is more BA problem but anyhow I’m BAEC Gold / OWE and trying to make seat selection (C/I) for a few flights operated by AA (LHR-JFK, JFK-SFO, JFK-LHR) but ticketed by BA. I have three (!) PNRs and neither of them seem to work. Checking my trip on AA website (AA PNR) gives me access to the reservation and I can see preselected seats (far from optimum) but there is no way to make changes. On BA website using the secondary BA/AY PNR I can see the same reservation but when I try to make changes, I’m redirected to AA website and given a third PNR ("BA website: American Airlines reference:XXXXX") which however is not recognized by AA! Is there a way to change seat on these mixed tickets or should I just wait for the check-in open and see what’s available then?
You should normally have one BA PNR and one AA PNR for one booking. If you try to select seats using MMB it will pass you to AA and tell you the AA PNR. You should also be able to use the AA PNR directly on AA.com, which is what I always do. I suppose it would be possible for the JFK-LHR segment to end up with its own PNR but if the LHR-JFK and JFK-SFO flights are a connection then you want to be sure they are on one PNR. You should in any case have the ability to select seats on AA even without your BAEC number on the reservation so something is wrong. I suspect you will have to try phoning BA to get it sorted out, though AA might be able to do the seat selection, and I wouldn't leave it too late. The most important question is do you have a ticket number?