FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status: Devaluations / changes inevitable after credit card changes?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:16 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by golfhan1
I have heard in one of the post from Chinese based website, but indeed CANNOT confirm, the truthfulness of these statement whether it is 100% true, partially true OR completely BS. This is referring to Platinum status benefit being downgraded, altered, wiped out or however you wanna call it.....

1. Membership extend for 1 year
2. Only Titanium and Ambassador can enter lounge
3. Platinum cannot upgrade to Suite
4. Late check out: gold to 14, platinum 15 and titanium to 16:00
5. Platinum choose 1 gift, Titanium 2 gifts, Ambassador 3 gifts (but what? Details not revealed)
Given how both Xi and Modi are now going through the motions of telling Putin that the Ukraine situation is bad, it seems to me that the big mainland Asian economies and demand in China are weaker than expected even a few months ago.

Do the Chinese hotel owners/operators really think the bigger problem is staycation elites and this is their way to try to deal with the situation while yet again being told regional members’ status will be extended yet again in hopes for it being useful for brighter economic days at some future, yet to be determined point in time?

Marriott globally cutting Platinum benefits at this time isn’t going to help with putting heads in beds anywhere. I doubt it goes ahead in the next quarter or four such that it becomes global Marriott policy.