FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5 Great Cards. 5 Limited-Time Offers
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:42 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DELee
Not sure what there is to be uptight about. The Lurkers and other company representatives start threads all the time such as all of the other threads regarding new products offered by their respective companies. Their status discloses their relationship to the companies that the represent.

This is allowed and ok.

David
I find this post to be particularly low on information in it's sale of a financial services product. It may be allowed on FT, but that doesn't make it gauche. (Putting aside the lack of disclosures for Chase Bank, the company actually selling the product). Perhaps you don't see a difference between this post and typical "Now announcing a new breakfast benefit" , as it certainly is one of degree, but I do. I think it's a slippery slope between posts like this and a new thread here everytime there's a new offer for an existing credit card product. From a housekeeping perspective, it's going to lead to unnecessary multiple threads about the "new" or "refreshed" cards. Of course this one has the least information and is only phrased positively