FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong reopening: will BA resume services?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:51 am
nomadabroad

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I agree it’s not going to be a first choice leisure destination but there is huge pent up business demand.

With Russian airspace closed to flights, I assume the journey will be somewhat longer than the usual 10:30 approx. I think the Cathay flights are currently going south over Central Asia and taking about 12 hours.
Th CX westbound flight to LHR is now 14.5 and closer to 15 hours on some days what a joy.

With such a long flight time now I personally wouldn’t be too keen to hop on a BA flight unless they sort out their inflight catering first.

Y Fares to HK are dirt cheap though at the moment so I you want to bet on things reopening by next year, for instance May BH in next year we have

- £370 return by LH, LX
- £520 return Virgin
- £581 by CX
- £650 by QR
- £700 BA

Despite their crappy and unreliable schedule I would still prefer CX over BA in all honesty (keeping in mind it’s now a 12-13h flight eastbound and 14-15h flight westbound - do you wanna risk arriving starving because BA went all cheap with catering as we know, why pay more if you are guaranteed better service with CX/QR)

Last edited by nomadabroad; Sep 23, 2022 at 5:21 am