FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Wailea - pastry breakfast option ???!
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:38 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by seat38a
Good luck arguing with the properties about the semantics between "Continental Breakfast" and "Breakfast." Correct me if I'm wrong but there is nowhere in the terms that distinguishes between what a continental breakfast vs breakfast is, nor a required minimum dollar value that the hotel's must give you to spend in the restaurants. Under the terms, technically the Sheraton Waikiki fullfiled their duties by serving me a breakfast, which is clearly in my opinion "Continental," in their restaurant. Same with the Westin which was in their quick serve takeaway and sit outside kind of joint.
The Terms & Conditions deliberately use "breakfast" in some contexts and "continental breakfast" in others. In other words, they are two different things in the Terms & Conditions.

I agree that there's not a clear definition of either term.

A reasonable interpretation of "breakfast in restaurant" is a typical morning meal that guests would expect in the class of hotel, served in the primary restaurant where other hotel guests have sit-down breakfasts.

At a full-service Marriott Resort, that would be a quality buffet with a wide selection — or a main course, coffee, juice, and possibly a side from the same menu that other guests use. My expectations would be even higher at Luxury Collection or St. Regis, but somewhat lower at Four Points.

Marriott should enforce elite breakfast commensurate with each brand. Sadly, some hotels get away with providing less.