FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger with nut allergy wants FC flyers to forego dinner
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:46 pm
AAdamE

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Antarius
Repeated studies have shown that the myth of airborne peanut dust is exactly that. Even in severe cases, they're likelier to touch something that was left behind on the seat and then a mucus membrane.

Some random person in F eating something that may have been in facility that comes in contact with peanuts will not do anything to this person.
​​​​​
​​​​​All I can say to these people is - Trust the science, skip the hype.

If someone next to me had a peanut allergy and asked me to not eat peanuts, I'd gladly oblige. It's in close enough proximity that if it makes them feel better (and if I drop one) I have no problem not eating it. But someone 5 rows back, yea not so much.
Correct. According to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology

"The bottom line is that flying with a peanut allergy and being exposed to potential sources of peanut in the cabin is not likely to represent an increased risk to the peanut allergic flier. There is no evidence to support peanut vapor as a cause of reactions or that peanut dust itself circulates and causes reactions."