FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:54 pm
Radiation Station

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by f-mouse
Morning All,

I’ve just returned from a trip to South Africa which was rebooked repeatedly due to Comair administration and BA short haul cancellations. What should have been a fully BA operated trip became MAN-JNB via DOH, Airlink domestics, and CPT-MAN via DOH.

On paper, I’m actually 20 TPs up on what the entire trip would have got me had my initially booked route been flown.

However, I’m now in the position that I’ve got to striking distance of the 1125 TPs before December for status renewal, but don’t have the requisite number of BA flights flown, and also the booking will not generate the double tier points as per the BA holiday promotion which would tip me into Gold for 23-24.

Had Comair survived, and had the MAN-LHR schedule not been decimated, I would have the TPs in the bank as well as the sectors.

Does ORC apply in this instance?

Thanks!
Are you sure you won’t get the double tier points? I’m assuming that you mean you don’t have the five nights car hire or hotel as part of the package?