FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ba.com broken again???
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:14 pm
MetalDoggy

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Scots_Al the world is indeed too small. I doubt it will be much consolation but I’m off to see the Scots also. I suspect I’m pushing my luck as it is going to the South Africa game if I wish to maintain domestic harmony but I’m looking at Nice on the 24th of September and thinking “that looks nice”. I’m going with a London based pal and because I’m a real team player and there is no way he could be organised enough to bag Avios flights at T-355 or whatever it is I booked for both of us.

So I’m flying to Heathrow on Friday, spending 50,000 of my late father’s hard earned Hilton points staying at the egregiously overpriced Hilton Garden Inn there and then all being well will see my pal on the 7:10am flight on the Saturday. I wanted the 9:00am but the four Club seats were already gone at 1am (clearly someone on the phone) and my attempt to baggsie two economy seats failed so 7:10am it is for us albeit in Club so we can enjoy a sweaty BA breakfast. 9:00am would have allowed me the luxury of the Sofitel at T5 (£107 as a secret hotel!) but I don’t fancy my chances of getting from T5 to T3 at 5am without messing up hence HGI.

Coming back, the kicker is I booked the two of us to Heathrow on the same PNR. Which means I need a separate flight up to sunny Edinburgh. I’ll probably book a cash flight for that in a day or two when hopefully prices drop and it will allow me a same day change if the incoming is delayed. All far more complex than it really should be! The irony, of course, is that I could have separately booked my pal to London and me to Edinburgh on a connecting flight as my flights were available for a wee while at 2:15am once all was well again with the BA webshite.

My wife obviously despairs at all this and has gone out for dinner and a show with friends leaving me with two feral offspring who don’t understand that daddy is knackered…