FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:06 am
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I'm used to using BXP1s on the transcons so this connecting flights lark with BXP1s is new to me...

Looking at booking LGA-ORD-SNA for a few weeks time and I see on Expertflyer when searching LGA-SNA that there are 7 C seats on both flights (Business - Upgrade (Including 2-Cabin Domestic First) ). I called Meeting Services/Business Extra before I booked the reservation to double check they could see the same C seats I could. They said when looking at it as two separate flights it was 0 on both but when you look at it as LGA-SNA it shows as the 7 but I could waitlist.

Obviously I'd need 2x BXP1s but don't really care because they are expiring. The agent said that "chances of clearing were probably pretty good since it's 7" but that it was obviously a dice roll and could happen anywhere up to the gate.

I assume if you waitlist the BXP1s get returned with their existing expiration date.
Also am assuming that each one clears individually so it's not as if the fact I have one overarching itinerary with 2 segments that has 7 C seats has any bearing on clearing...

Experience and thoughts welcome, please! Thanks!