FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catania Airport..... Lounge?
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:03 am
marcopizzaiuolo

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
It sounds like the lounge at Catania has improved since I visited it. At that time (June 2019 I think) there were only plain salted crisps, a tiny selection of soft drinks and one type of beer available; no wine. The seats were uncomfortable, the air-conditioning wasn't very effective - and it was rammed! I decided after some reflection that it was the worst airport lounge I had ever been in!

i do not think it has improved aside of the very tiny additional food selection, if you can call it that, and it was indeed rammed, not helped by users not following the instructions (clear your own table), and your description still mostly apply, however the whole airport was super busy as there were several flights that had considerable delays and even in the main departure lounge you could not find a seat anywhere, so once those two sofa chairs became available, at least me and the Wife could sit down and have some snacks, a glass of wines and few of those very nice Chinotto… BTW, about 40 minutes before closing (it close at 21:00) they cleared all the food but for the crisps

Last edited by marcopizzaiuolo; Sep 26, 2022 at 5:09 am