FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2022 edition
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:42 am
GadgetGal

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MH1981
I was in the Galleries South lounge a couple of weeks ago and witnessed something I’ve never seen before. A young lady had requested mobility assistance and soon after a guy turned up with a wheelchair for her. I kid you not, having managed perfectly well to get to the lounge unaided, she proceeded to place 3 designer duty free shopping bags on to the wheelchair and explain to the man that he’s to help her get to the departure gate.

I’d have told her where to go but the gentleman was far more professional and agreed to help her (despite looking baffled). They both walked off with the shopping on the wheelchair.

Now, she may have injured her arms pouring her champagne that I wasn’t aware of but it felt like a DYKWIA moment. Bizarre.
Bear in mind you can’t see every condition from the outside. of that person has a pain condition, it’s entirely plausible that they could make it airside unaided with fast track but need help later on. I had a tricky situation, arriving in CPH where I was in extreme pain but too cramped to sit any longer . Speciai assistance insisted I put my carryons on the wheelchair and walked me slowly to arrivals

(And looking young is irrelevant btw )

Last edited by GadgetGal; Sep 22, 2022 at 6:08 am