FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low-segment, high-rev flyers left in the cold?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:36 pm
gdm

Thanks to everyone for the good discussion here.

This conversation and some introspection made me remember that you learn what relationships are made of by actions. Sometimes those actions are hard to listen to when they come after 30+ years. I appreciate the hard-nosed commentary.

I did want to clarify two points though.

First, my annual AAdvantage card spend is well north of $250K. So it’s not that.

Second, the collapse of AA’s ability to actually get me anywhere reliably out of SFO has basically forced me to partners.

Case in point: a while back I booked SFO-DFW-LHR on a Sat departure (and the corresponding return the next Fri). SFO-DFW went four hours late because … who knows … and as a result I would have mis-connected in DFW. After five-ish hours on hold for a EXP agent, the next flight they could find for me was departing that Tuesday. Tariff desk was unwilling to accommodate on any alternate routing (eg I get to PDX, SEA, or LAX on my own). You bet that flight got cancelled and rebought on a BA nonstop.

That’s the third or fourth catastrophically ....ed up DFW connection this year.

I don’t know what my long term plan is. In the short term, I have just shy of 3M redeemable miles, and that’s too many. So I’ll turn some of those in for a while, at least for personal travel, and see where I end up after that.

Thanks again!