FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's New EWR Terminal A: Security, How to get to, facilities, UC opened 28 June 2023
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:53 am
threecap

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Has anyone seen an update on this Terminal's opening?
There is a job fair for customer service personnel on the PA website so maybe something is happening.
I saw a suggestion that the expected opening is now in November but nothing official.
Just judging by the earthcams and being on a fair amount of construction sites that are a much smaller scale than this, October has to be off the table. I guess November is the earliest, but knowing the current labor environment and how construction usually goes, I would doubt that as well.

Speaking of the labor market, I can't imagine running a job fair for jobs starting in November. My company can't get 25% of new hires to show up on the first day when there's an immediate start. I'd bet starting incentives are big with the new hires, and that the opening is going to be a rough one. Never thought I'd say this at EWR but I feel for what airport management will have to manage here....