FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:48 pm
churning

Originally Posted by friedablass
The base room at the Ritz is the sunrise facing OWV which from reading that thread seems to be liked by guests more than the sunset facing ones.

STR base room is the GV which I would never book so I'm guessing that you mean the regular OWV at STR which is also sunrise facing. At STR as you've probably already read and can see on the resort map, due to the orientation of the OWVs, the ones on the sunset side are much more private than the regular sunrise villas. That is why the sunset villas here are much more coveted.

But after deciding on type and location you also need to compare villa sizes which according to everyone who has been to both, the STR wins for that. So if size matters to your, that's something to take into consideration as well.
Yeah I think you basically summarized a lot of my findings. The Ritz OWV is by no means small, so I doubt P2 and I will feel crammed there. I think the privacy angle may be what tips the scales towards the Ritz for us. Even if we have to pay for breakfast.

And yeah I also read that at the Ritz due to the winds people like the sunrise side better, which is even better.