FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF « La Première » Outlook
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:59 pm
Amrikibibaris

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
I'll chime in here to repeat my outrage over how hard it is to get straight information about how to contact LP via phone or e-mail. Per my earlier posts, which evoked all kinds of responses about "no, don't give the information or you'll risk overwhelming the system," I remain supremely puzzled by the need for the mystery.
I resisted downloading the AF app for years and finally did so recently, in anticipation of a P trip tomorrow in part to see whether the app provided information for P pax about services and communications with its dedicated staff. Nope! This is in addition to the lack of ANY information in any e-mails I received about my booking.
The AF website mentions all these great services to which one has access, notably the car service between Paris and CDG and the spa treatments, but provides NO information on how to reserve them. As I said, outrageous. I only ever found out how to contact the LP service after receiving two red cards from LP staff at the lounge (and even then from the attendants who drove me to the aircraft who did so at their discretion and following no prompts from me) with the dedicated line and the e-mail address. It's great that the P cognoscenti in this forum PM the newbies, but that shouldn't be how this happens.
More practically, one thing I learned very early on is that one should not wait until the last minute to book the spa treatment. I have done it as far as one month out and usually about two weeks out. The car is easier, and I normally wait until I'm pretty sure when I'll actually leave my residence. That has averaged out to about 48 hours ahead of time.
I intend to bring this subject with AF staff up as I make my way to the lounge tomorrow. For those who may only experience LP once or twice, it would truly suck to miss out because one doesn't know, for example, that it is important to add "ligne" to the e-mail address that Artemio used.
By the way, the LP folks have regularly replied to my messages with impressive swiftness, even during the pandemic when the responses were always preceded by a stock return message that apologized for possible delay. They have almost always provided exactly the service I've needed, including last-minute ticket modifications. I've never having used the FB Platinum line or other supposed dedicated elite support lines, but these folks have been absolute pros or, as I've referred to them in the past, angels.