FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:15 am
bigwings

Originally Posted by bigwings
So I'm flying ORD to MUC Sept 27 - Oct 3. Flights UA953 (V fare) outbound and UA952 (Q fare) inbound. There are seven open seats currently on outbound, six on return flight. PZ/PN inventory shows zero on both flights.

A good friend (1k) had PlusPoints to burn and we did some negotiating. Now I'm waitlisted for upgrades on both segments.

I used to be a Delta warrior, but thankfully I don't have to travel for work much now and have given up my statuses in everything except Marriott. So I'm a no status UA bum right now.

My question: does anyone think there is a shot at an upgrade here? I have no idea on what to expect and navigating United's system for me is completely foreign. I've searched here and other forums and can't quite get an answer to what I'm looking for. I know instrument supported upgrades have some priority, but as to the odds of it happening given this information I haven't a clue. Thanks in advance!

Not sure how this happened given the sentiment and input kindly provided on this board, but my outbound cleared into Polaris several days ago. Got lucky or maybe United IT was drunk, no idea but I'll take it. Waiting on return flight. Currently two seats open in Polaris (down from six). Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen. Anyway, to anyone reading this: even if the chances are slim you still might get lucky!