FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:36 am
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm sorry about KLM, because it was one of the few airlines that I actually still liked and respected. What is happening at AMS airport is completely UNACCEPTABLE.
The airport's self-inflicted disaster is rightly what people focus on, but I have no doubt that KLM very much prefers that the spotlight is kept steadily shining on Schiphol, in the hope that the airline's own failings will get less attention, or even be attributed to the airport.

The combination of Privium & HBO has ensured that the experience for me this summer has been pretty much normal as far as the airport side of things is concerned. On departure maybe an extra 10 minutes or so in the security queue, and 1-2 hours longer in the lounge due to precautionary early arrival the airport, but that's it. No issues whatsoever on arrival. However, KLM has managed to delay 100% of my flights, which I'm pretty sure is almost entirely a consequence of checked luggage mismanagement. On all flights from AMS personal observation has confirmed this, and all flights to AMS have been delayed due to late incoming aircraft. Pretty safe bet that luggage problems wholly or partially caused many of those.

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Sep 21, 2022 at 2:12 am Reason: typos