FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canaves Oia Epitome
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:55 am
crptravel

Programs: -
Canaves Oia Epitome

Introduction Below are some thoughts on our stay at Canaves Oia Eptiome. The property was visibily very nice, well manicured and had nice landscaping (except in our villa). But because of service, location and rooms, I would say "do not stay here". Service Service was well intentioned but not polished. The hotel was well staffed, but execution was not very smooth. The shuttle to town was playing heavy metal (Judas Priest, I did a Shazam). Are you serious?The pools were playing Mykonos style party and club music. Was very annoying. It did not match the clientele or even the vibe at the pool (everyone kept to themselves and read a book)Service was good at the restaurantsPre-arrival concierge was very quick to respond and overall helpfulThe airport transfers were very smooth Room We stayed in a 2 bedroom. The room was not laid out well. There was nowhere comfortable to sit (only one small love seat upstairs and the same downstairs). The downstairs bedroom was quite spacious, but the upstairs master was too crowded - hardly anywhere to put suitcases. The outdoor area was very nice, with plenty of room to spread out and a beautiful pool. I know there’s an emphasis on outdoor space over the indoor space, but the with such a massive patio, the indoor space was insufficient. Also, the finish and furniture of the room felt more like an Airbnb than a luxury hotelThe beds were extremely comfortableNext the rooms are very poorly insulated. We heard our neighbors being very loud until 2 AM each nightOne of the reasons we stayed at Eptiome instead of Canaves Oia Suites was the stairs. However, there were still lots of stairs at Epitome. We visited Canaves Oia Suites, and if you're able to get a room next to their elevator, you'll probably experience fewers steps there than at Epitome Dining All of our meals were quite good. Breakfast is fun because you can taste as many dishes, coffee and juices as you would like. The food was all very good but not particularly memorable.Our favorite meal in Santorini was at Petra (Canaves Oia Suites) Final Thoughts The biggest issue with this propoerty is that you're coming to Santorini to see the views from Oia over the caldera. The views from Epitome just weren't good. That, in addition to the average service and room issues, leads me to say "pass on Eptiome". Do yourself a favor and just book Canaves Oia Suites or Katikies. Bite the bullet (crowds) and enjoy the views from Oia! You could have this view (Epitome... bad landscaping in front of the pool is free of charge)Or this view (Canaves Oia Suites)... I rest my case