FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:23 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SHLTP
1) you are NOT supposed to get triple points if you do dining and are staying at the hotel

2)however, in practice in the vast majority of places, if you pay at the restaurant and give them your Hyatt number (even if you are staying at the hotel) you will get the points. I have done this dozens of times
Actually, Yes you are. I’ve explained why above, if you take the time to read it, it’ll make more sense. It’s more to separate the charges as there’s already a promo running concurrently (this was also the case with the previous identical promo), and it allows non-hotel guests to earn as well.

Many others have chimed in here and on the previous identical promo stating specifically that the hotel managers and FDA’s have told them as hotel guests to make sure not to charge dining to the room so that they can participate in the promo.

I’ve also asked MHC on the previous promo and on this promo and she has stated that yes hotel guests can utilize this promo, just dine and pay at the restaurant. She provided the explanation that it’s more due to the concurrently running promo she pointed out FAQ’s 5 and 6 and she said it’s also convenient for those not staying at the hotel and encourages spending with Hyatt.