FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Program Update March 2022
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:21 pm
Admiral Ackbar
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by mecabq
Had three recent stays in Dubai -- IC Festival City, HI Al Barsha, and CP Deira, which all have lounges. Although I selected the club lounge benefit, the hotels naturally had no idea what I was talking about and I didn't receive it anywhere on check-in. (IC later gave it to me as a service-recovery gesture for an unrelated issue.)

I see now, logging in to my account, that you're supposed to print out the screen shot and show it to them, which I didn't do.

Still, this is quintessential ICHG garbage. They created this solid benefit, but without informing properties -- much less implementing a business process to make it work, like, I don't know, adding club access to the room reservation details, which wouldn't be difficult -- so it becomes pointless.

You are not expected to print out the club access conditions but showing it in the app helps when you get a more dragonish lounge attendant that is clueless about the new rules (happened to me one evening in Berlin). Showed the reward in the app and everything got squared away.

So I have been completely satisfied with the new benefits as they apply to me so far.

I haven't read through all of this thread, but what are members' success rates with this?
Have had no issues whatsoever getting Diamond breakfast and milestone club access at the two ICs (Montreal and Berlin) that I have stayed in since hitting those milestones. Everything was given proactively and worked flawlessly on my end.