FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:40 pm
BBonly

I actually looked into it and decided to answer my own question. I called Virgin to get information going in with the parameters of being non-stop, LAX to TYO, and economy because that was the only ticket that's only available that I can book right now. The cost would be 60,000 round trip and the surcharges will vary on the day of booking. I based this off of a mid November in 2022. This was a morning flight from LAX with an arrival afternoon the next day. The return was early evening two weeks later. It's already known on the cost matrix goes, but I'll just post it here

(Round trip cost)
Economy - 60,000
Business - 90,000
First - 110,000

After looking into this as a newbie, I now understand why people aren't using their points for economy. For the cost of points vs what you get, the value is not there. Economy should be 35,000-45,000 instead of the 60,000 for better value. Skyscanner showed me a flight via ANA in the same period for around $970. A side note, I checked out ZIP AIR which isn't talked about too much. A flight from them was around $700 and I was curious on why the difference. As with most budget airlines, they charge you for everything. The long flight of 12 hours leaves with no food, no entertainment unless you fly business (around $1,100) and anal baggage rules.