FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:51 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
The 07.40 departure is the only one available to connect to my LHR - JFK flights. The original flight that was cancelled was the 11.20am BUD - LHR
Since you are continuing to Hawaii, there would be various other options as overnighting, etc... or take different connecting cities. It's a very rare possibility that the flight you're now taking in the only option from Budapest to your Hawaiian destination.

Also, EC261/2004 needs to be claimed by the operating carrier and here AA did downgrade you so even if you would like to open a claim, it would be a hard challenge.

If I were you, I would have waited since BA might shift the curtain back on an intra-European flight which we see quite often. However, in this case, AA is unlikely to accommodate you in Club even if space opens other than recalculating the fare, however, if space opens, maybe try to call them and you might get a willing agent to move you back to Club.

Originally Posted by wmaciej
ask to have that sector removed if you can start at lhr
It's an AA ticket I'm afraid, if it was a BA ticket, yes, that would be the best case for the OP.