FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel after DVT treatment ends
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:06 am
cash14

Travel after DVT treatment ends

Hello. First time poster here. I have scoured the internet looking for info about travel for people who had DVT, treated thier DVT then stopped anticoagulation but find nothing. I know this is no substitute for Dr.'s guidance, but I am very curious to know others' experiences. My DVT was caused by surgery but post DVT treatment, I tested positive for factor 2 mutation. I travel a fair amount for work and find myself stopping every 45 minutes to walk around or if traveling by plane, I get up every 30-45 minutes to move. I disrupt everything and am actually a bit self conscious about it. When seated, I am constantly tapping my feet or trying to move. It iis all quite exausting, but I will do what I need to do to avoid another clot and stay off anticoagulation. Anyne in a similar sitiuation have travel "best practices" they follow? I passed on a free trip to Hawaii earlier this year because the thought of the stress associated with the flights was too much for me. FYI, I am an otherise healthy and active 52 year old.