FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:16 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
During my clubbing days, we were drinking and dancing the night away to Enigma’s Sadness, not sure if you or your friends would even know what that is these days!
As to keeping up, I’ll put it this way. If I had to, I could still steal 2nd base, but unlike in my younger days where I could do it every game, it’s only once a week and I’d have to pick my spots. LOL
Heard of Enigma but I pulled up Sadeness (sp?) and indeed had not heard it. Seems like I was just a few years too young for that though. As for stealing 2nd base, sounds like you'll keep up just fine -- I doubt I could do that once! I was moreso referring to what I observe in "old people" which is a tendency to go to bed way too early, as in before 2 a.m. (I can't recall ever going to bed before 4 on a Friday or Saturday night in Vegas). Pre-order room service breakfast for a reasonable hour and boom, it's go-time the next day.

These days, as with the 20-somethings, my experiences with “influencers” have been limited—it’s basically nil. I don’t use any form of social media—except FT & Twitter (no longer necessary)—and probably wouldn’t even know an “influencer” if I saw one. Are these the folks who when they don’t get there way, start b*tching & whining on social media until they do? Anyway, from what I know of them, not from experience but from repute, I’d probably use them as contrarian indicators.
Those are a subset of influencers, but the mainstream influencer is someone who has enough followers on instagram to be a viable advertising platform. Many are just reasonably attractive people (mostly women, but not always) who make little teasing videos or reels and show off some hotel room or designer clothing that they are getting for free in exchange for showcasing it. For an example, check out my friend Alexandra on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thewayfaress/?hl=en (she actually went to law school with me, started down the BigLaw path, and then bailed to be an influencer in Bali, and it seems to be treating her just fine).

Sure, I’ll make plans to be there and pencil it in!
Amazing. I'll do the same and maybe post a meetup in Community Buzz later this week, see if we get any other FTers on board.