FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:37 am
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by zkzkz
Personally as someone who would be the first against the wall if access is restricted I would prefer to just be told "we're suspending all access from one-time passes for three months and we'll extend the validity of your one-time passes by three months" rather than show up hoping for a lounge and finding it unusable (and possibly have my passes expire unused as a result). It could even be a win-win if that lets occasional flyers use their limited accesses over the holidays when business travel is lower.
Here's the catch for this one. What about those who are on one of those long and in-between trips who just wanted to treat themselves (with a gifted pass)? You could extend it by six months but if I'm one of the FOTSG (a year) it's of no use to me.

Now, if they could convert it to something like an endorsed voucher for me to go to one of the restaurants to use for $x or $y (and make it a fair value), then it might not sting as much (free flow alcohol not withstanding). Or maybe allow it to be used at the Plaza Premium lounge, that'd be a different story...