FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:12 pm
ernestnywang

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Update from earlier today -

Decided to give my inbound BOS-LAX F boarding pass a go at the QF F lounge. The person working the desk denied me on the basis of being on a domestic-only itinerary. I said yep understand the rules, however pre COVID / last week per his colleague, using a full Tcon F boarding pass was sufficient. He said yes that was true pre-COVID, however the rules have changed. I asked if he could scan the pass to see what the computer would say, but refused to do that. Oh well.

Went to the J lounge using my RAM sapphire status, where the agents didn’t believe that this was a real airline / had to call their manager to check that domestic-only itineraries could gain access.

Very curious to hear of anyone has actually had success.
Originally Posted by J.Edward
I posted the following in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post34591556
But thanks to this helpful thread I believe I can now answer my own question: YES, an inbound pax on a 3 cabin flight in paid F (JFK → LAX in my case) WOULD be able to access the QF F lounge at LAX, assuming the QF F lounge is open per the wiki.

> > > > > > > > > > >
Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Data point above indicates otherwise.

Also access on arrival is an AA special thing. For the QF F and oneworld J lounges, I believe the LAX-LAS flight must be on AA or AS if you want to at least have a shot.