FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:08 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Visconti
Though probably not as refined as now, I suspect that even from inception, they likely had a coding to differentiate Hyatt matched Noirs from legacy ones. Hosts & Mlife desks will surely have this clearly noted but I'm not sure about the FD. My guess is they probably do when it comes to which Noirs they should be generous with on the suite upgrades and late checkout "upon availability." Aside from that, I think Noirs of all stripes receive the published benefits, just not the "courtesy" ones.

Pre-pandemic, I think most felt that the growth of the convention and leisure family travel business was a good enough hedge to lessen their almost fanatical reliance on driving gaming revenue--I'd imagine their conviction on this premise may be revaluated after Covid. For some of us, gambling is not only fun, but in our blood; it's a beloved hobby that we can't imagine not engaging in, Covid notwithstanding. The world could burn, and if they keep the Strip pristine & safe, I'll be there at the BJ, crap tables and VP machines. There's a certain value in catering to a client/customer who values your product to such an extent that he/she almost can't live without it.

So, yes, I'd imagine now and until the end of time, theo should rule in Sin City, as it always has.
Theo meaning gambling only? While that may be the way 98% of people get to Noir I know a few who’ve gotten there solely from racking up hotel bills and charging all MGM dining to their suites.

With the generous 5x multipliers during the pandemic they racked up a little over 2 Million Tier Points, with $0 gambled funny enough. They’d get really great offers too $1,000 dining credit along with a comped 4 night stay and $1,000 FreePlay, which they’d give to whoever went with them on the trip as they didn’t gamble as a point of principle, not even the FreePlay. With all of that they got Noir in 2020 and it’s carried them through now.

I had another friend just host a very expensive business dinner and charge it to their room, don’t recall which property since it was awhile ago, but for whatever reason when they were checking out they were told to go to the VIP Lounge to finish and were provided a Noir Card.

They both got the players cards months (or years) before as they’d earn comps for their room charges and such so why not.

Anyways I was wondering is there any hope for a 60 night Globalist who was not previously given Noir to get Noir? I have had Globalist status since 2018 when they first gave Noir away to Globalists and have my MGM and Hyatt linked.

Not a huge deal if it doesn’t happen, it’d be nice if it did for the VIP Treatment. I believe Cosmopolitan has some special lines and treatments for Marriott top elites, hoping either they or MGM do something directly for Globalists someday.

The VIP Check In at Cosmopolitan is insane while checking in they have a special full bar and full barista station so basically anything you want to drink, alcoholic or non, they have it and it’s provided complimentary. I was blown away when checking in with my friends.