FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:10 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Peter Snijder
I’m in economy.
The changes (change of time and change of carrier) led to a new UA flight number, and I believe there was then a revalidation since the ticket number hasn’t changed on the UA website. So I believe it’d be another revalidation (not reissue) if I change to the earlier flight.

Edit: I called UA, and not only did I get an agent immediately (), but she was able to make the change without any issues. The UA website showed XN class availability, so I knew there was a good chance, but you never know…
She booked that flight in HN class, not sure if that matters.
The remaining flights are left unchanged. No new ticket number, so I assume that means revalidation, not reissue. It’s the same ticket number as before the involuntary rescheduling this week.
The OS website shows the updated itinerary and the correct ticket number.
Yep, all good. HN class is almost never used anymore, so that's odd, but UA can change a fare class without doing a full reissue, so it doesn't matter.

And, yes, with OS showing the correct ticket number and updated itinerary, and the ticket number not having changed, (a) it was a revalidation and (b) your reservation is in good shape.

I'm glad you were able to get the change you were looking for.