FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler companion benefit
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2022, 10:02 am
rowenb

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Actually experience reports are the best guide, while could UA enforce to the posted rules, there are many, many examples that UA is not as restrictive as their rules imply -- another example if this if the 7-day rule on 24 hour ticket purchase refunds (allowed by DOT, in UA posted policy, not enforced)

Looking to hear an actual denial of different address applicant
Yesterday I tried naming a companion for the first time, naming my spouse. Our MP accounts have different mailing addresses. I got a message, asking me to confirm that my spouse is truly eligible under the program terms. I clicked "yes", as we do in fact share the same house even though our MP accounts show different addresses. My saying "yes" was good enough for United, and her companion status was approved even though I didn't actually update either account's address to match the other account.

Originally Posted by DELee
You can always designate her as your MM companion and she will inherit your status as well. Since you inherit GS as a MM companion, she will too through you.

David
Yes, I finally got around to doing that yesterday, and today I confirmed that her status is now GS. That result surprises me.

From a practical matter, I suspect that the person whose companion I am will finally lose his GS status for 2023, at which point I imagine I'll revert to being a 1K based on my own flying record, and then my wife will inherit my 1K status. But at least she'll be GS for a few months

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 9, 2022 at 10:11 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member