FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swedish Consumer Agency opens investigation in SAS post-strike
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:51 pm
AutismoSupremo

Programs: EB Skräpmetall, AY No Extra Bags for You, BA EU261/2004 Thread
Angry

Originally Posted by nacho
That's fast! I filed ours (3 PNRs) on the 20th July and still haven't heard back from them at all. Our claims are with bigger amounts because of an extra night at YYZ (for Mr and the kids). My claim is complicated as I couldn't board due to MS crazy requirements regarding name and SAS customer service wasn't reachable.

I did a chat to check on the progress and this time they said they can't see anything. She said it takes 12-16 weeks vs. last time 6-8 weeks.
Ughhhh! That is horrible! Last time I was quoted anything, it was 6-8 weeks as well. Definitely not keen on flying SAS any time soon. Wish someone with influence could blast them in the media...whatever it takes to make them care about their customers.

I believe we filed for compensation late July. Our original flight CPH-LAX was supposed to be on July 17th, but the only availability their "emergency hotline" could find us was July 20th with Austrian (CPH-VIE-LAX). Did not get rebooked on Premium Economy either (originally booked Plus cabin with SAS). Had to stay three extra nights in Copenhagen, and miss one day of work.

Added a second taxi receipt some time later, so don't know if that potentially pushed us to the back of the queue. Looks like their outsourced complaints department is only caring for relatively simple reimbursement requests (no additional incurred costs). Perhaps more complicated cases, such as yours and mine, have to go through an extra round of review?