FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) adding trip delay and cancellation coverage to select cards
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:11 pm
SpaethCo

Originally Posted by MTan
Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know whether the reimbursable charges must be made on the platinum card? I had an overnight delay (flight paid with plat) and booked myself a hotel that was charged to my bonvoy amex on file. I hadn’t considered this might be an issue until well after the fact. Thanks in advance.
The claim documentation makes it look like this could be an issue. When I opened my last claim they asked if I charged everything to my Platinum card, and the form makes reference to charges being made on your Eligible American Express Card. This is how the Trip Delay Policy defines an Eligible card:

Eligible Card means a U.S. issued American Express Card that is eligible for coverage under the Group Policy.

Group Policy means the Trip Delay Insurance Policy that New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company, issued to American Express Trust, which is the subject of this Guide to Benefits.
Here's what the claim form looks like:

Claim form

Last edited by SpaethCo; Sep 7, 2022 at 4:14 pm Reason: Formatting