FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opportunities to Match AC Status to Other Airlines
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:52 pm
SKYEG

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
You can status match with Delta or Alaska with AC. They will give you 90 days temporary status and a period to hit a certain miles to maintain the tier. I’d go with Alaska if you are out west. Amazing program, amazing mile redemption options. 100% on free upgrades as just an AA EXP on AS this year. Just apply directly with both.

You may be able to do one with AA. They offer a case by case match, and you may or may not receive temporary status while doing the challenge. You will have to hit both spend and miles with AA to maintain. AA also likes not only to see status, but statements of spend as well. There’s also a pay to challenge option for some corporate employees where they receive status during the challenge but have to pay for the temp status. YMMV. It’s the hardest program to maintain and hit top tier so I’d stay away from AA for now.

You won’t be able to with UA with AC since they are star alliance but what you could do is match your SE with delta/alaska and try to match that with UA. Since it’s a matched status, it may not work. If you can get the workaround to work, UA offers a similar status published challenge like Delta. Very easy to hit and maintain as well. If you’re still going to be flying AC, you can try for this route as UA makes the most sense.

if I can remember - I believe delta doesn’t have spend requirements if you live outside the US but united and American you still need to hit the spend portion as well as the miles/points. Back when I was UA1K living in canada, UA didn’t have that spend portion for Canadian residents.

Good luck